Universidad Laica Vicente Rocafuerte


It's been one month and half now since I was posted at the Universidad Laica Vicente Rocafuerte in Guayaquil, Ecuador.   Upon arrival, I had no idea what to expect, but I was immediately thrown into eight classes of different levels.  My "tutor," the head of the School of English, helped me to meet all the professors and settle into the university.  My schedule placed me in morning and evening classes. The students here come from a varied background, but all are eager to learn.  One thing I was not expecting and which also might be unusual for an Ecuadorian university is how many vacations this university gives.   

Aside from being able to teach at the university, I have also been able to do some sightseeing of the city, including Malecon, Parque Samanas, Parque Seminario, Bahia, and the Catedral Metropolitana. 


The University Chorus Celebrating the institution's 50th Anniversary

From left to right: Myself, Xavier (my tutor), Carmen and Yadira



Canzuela del pescado (Fish cassarole)

Watching a concert in Parque Semanas


Enjoying time with my family here in Malecon

Inside la Catedral Metropolitana 

Outside la Catedral Metropolitana

Comments

Popular Posts