Cuenca

Cuenca is one of the cleanest towns in the country and was registered as one of the best travel sites in Latin America for 2017. The capital of Azuay Province, Cuenca is located in the southern part of the Andes mountains in Ecuador.  The river Tomebamba runs through the city.  Parque Calderon is located in the center of the city.  Here you can view Catedral Vieja, which was constructed to look like St. Petersburg Church.

I decided to take a quick trip to Cuenca before I left Ecuador.  These are some of the photos and sights I viewed:



View of Cuenca from the Mirador del Turi

The above photo is a wonderful view of Cuenca from the Turi lookout.  My friend, Bruno, was so kind to take me here.  We really enjoyed all of the sights.  From here you can see the main avenue on the left that is filled with streets, also the university, and the downtown.  That day we were lucky to have had sunlight come through that enabled me to grasp this city in all its beauty. 




A false bread shop painted onto the walls of Cuenca

A side shop of typical men's hats seen in the highlands


Statue of a typical custom of tying shoes and tools

My friend Bruno and I enjoying the mirador del turi

Plaza de los Flores where you can buy flowers for Church or for a loved one


I am a fan of taking photos as you can probably tell.  Cuenca is a beautiful town where you can take many photos that are filled with color and shapes.  I believe in this town, travelers from the U.S. and Canada who speak little Spanish, will find it easy to get around and one of the most pleasant places to visit. 




















Calle Jaramillo in the downtown


Comments

Popular Posts