Creating Value in Buenos Aires, Argentina


During the month of April,  I was able to finally travel to the other side of the Latin American continent.  This was due to my lay Buddhist organization, Soka Gakkai International.  We chant the mantra nam myoho-renge kyo for the happiness of ourselves and those around us.  I have been a proud member of this organization since birth.  I was traveling to Buenos Aires, Argentina in order to participate in a study conference where eight other countries from Latin America were to be present. It was an unforgettable trip. 

My new friends from Argentina and Colombia in the Soka Women´s Center for Peace

Representatives of the Latin American Course


Myself in front of the Soka Women´s Center

At the South Buenos Aires SGI Culture Center


Taking full advantage of this trip, I took the opportunity to do some tourism and saw the city sights of Buenos Aires.  The entire trip lasted less than seven days, but displayed the beauty and diversity that makes up Latin American culture. 



Status of San Martin in Lima, my layover to Buenos Aires

Plaza Mayor in Lima

My best friend, Eli from Lima, and me were able to reunite

Los Andes from the plane

Floralis Genérica in the United Nations Park, Buenos Aires

Museo del Bellas Artes

Museo del Bellas Artes

A typical cafe in Buenos Aires

Milanesa, a typical food of Argentina, is usually a thinly sliced slab of beef that is breaded and fried. This is the eggplant version fort those Pescatarians out there. 

Typical Park

Empanada de Cebolla (Onion) 

El Ateneo: this historic theater was transformed into a bookstore.  






Comments

Popular Posts