My Dream Galapagos Trip!

In March, I was able to travel to the Galapagos Islands.  This was my first-time to head to this beautiful gem of the country.   I went with my best friend, Eli, from Peru that I had not seen in six years and a friend, Elizabeth, from my Fulbright program.

About two months in advance, I started planning the trip and contacted travel agencies. My cousin here in Guayaquil recommended me the tour company, Galapagos Dreams, who offered us a seven day tour with all meals and expenses (minus airfare) included for $700.   If anyone has shared with you about visiting the Galapagos, expect to spend around $1000-$1500 including airfare.  So we landed a good deal!

Our seven-day tour included

Day One: Arrival to Baltra, tour of Gemelos, Crianza de las Tortugas, natural lava tunnel



Eli, my good friend from Lima, posing at Gemelos

Gemelos
Us three enjoying our dinner


Day Two: Tour of Santa Cruz bay, salt mines-grietas, and Kayaking in Tortuga Bay


The Sea Lions enjoying each other´s company

Grietas in the back

Elizabeth and I enjoying the Sea Lion


Day Three:Santa Fe Island tour and snorkeling


The three of us girls:  Myself, Elizabeth from Lima, and Elizabeth from Loja

Elizabeth posing next to an iguana 

Our new friends celebrating Eli´s birthday


Day Four:  Tour of Isla Isabela, Flamingos Lagoon and Turtle Breeding Center

Plozo de flamingos 


Puerto Villamil Beach

Tour Guide at the Turtle Raising Center


Day Five:  Snorkeling in Concha de la Perla

Our last night at Isla Isabela 



Day Six:  Leon Dormido Tour off the island of Santa Cruz
Sealions at the Isla Isabela pier
Leon Dormido Rocks

With new friends near Santa Cruz Island




Getting ready to jump in the water! 


Day Seven: Return to Guayaquil

Our stop at the Charles Darwin Scientific Station just before we leave the islands!

Comments

Popular Posts